Democratic Women of Monterey County Decorum Policy
As a candidate for the ____________________________ (office sought) in the November 2018 election, I pledge to conduct my campaign openly and fairly:
- I will discuss the issues and participate in a fair debate with respect to my views and qualifications.
- I will not engage in, nor be involved with, unfair or misleading attacks upon the character of an opponent nor will I engage in invasion of personal privacy unrelated to fitness for offices.
- I will not engage in, nor be involved with, unfair or misleading attacks upon the Democratic Women of Monterey County or any of its members.
- I will not be part of any appeal to prejudice.
- I will neither use, nor be involved with the use of, any campaign material or advertisement that misrepresents, distorts or otherwise falsifies the facts regarding an opponent.
- I will clearly identify the source of all campaign material published or distributed on my behalf.
- I will publicly repudiate any support deriving from an individual or group whose activities would violate the principles of this pledge.
- I pledge to support the DWMC Platform (https://bit.ly/2Jpr632).
I agree to the above stated decorum policy and recognize that failure to follow this policy will result in the pulling of my endorsement by the Democratic Women of Monterey County.
______________________________________ ___________________________________ _____________________
Candidate Name (Please Print) Office sought Date